Share Files with Contacts with MailChimp
MailChimp offers free file hosting so you can add a file to an email campaign and share it with your contacts. You can upload and share many types of files including images, documents, spreadsheets, audio, or video.
In this article, you'll learn how to upload a file to MailChimp and share it with your contacts.
- MailChimp offer file hosting instead of traditional email attachments because attachments can slow or stop bulk email delivery, or cause security software to completely block your email.
You can upload many types of files to your MailChimp account, and share them with your contacts. Each image file should be approximately 1MB or less, and other file types should be 10MB or less.
Here are the file types we allow in MailChimp.
Upload File and Share it in a Campaign
In this process, you'll use the Campaign Builder's Link tool to upload the file to our Content Manager. We'll create a unique URL for your file and add it to your email campaign.
To upload your file and create a link to it in your email campaign, follow these steps.
- 1.Navigate to the Design step of the Campaign Builder.
- 2.Click an existing content box or drag and drop a new one into your layout.
- 3.Create the text or image you want to link and highlight it.
4. Click the Link icon.
5. Click the Web Address drop-down menu, and choose File.
6. Click Upload to choose a file from your computer.
7. Choose your file, and click Open to upload it to the Content Manager.
8. In the Insert or Edit Link pop-up modal, we'll automatically fill in the URL of your file.
To edit optional settings like whether to open the file in a new window or to apply aTitle Attribute or CSS Class, click Advanced Options.
9. Click Insert
10. Continue building your campaign.
After you send the campaign, contacts who click the link you created will be able to access your file.